In 1918, by decision of the Ural Oblast Council, in the Ipatyev engineer home (named after the family name of the last owner) in Ekaterinburg, the last Russian tsar Nikolai II was shot to death along with his family members and those close to him. In 1919, the nearby square was named the Square of National Revenge and in 1927, the Revolution Museum was opened in the house itself whose visitors were shown, among other things, the room the murders took place in. After the museum was closed in the 1940s, a broad variety of organizations conducted their business in the tragically famous building and in 1977 the First Secretary of the Sverdlovsk Regional Committee Boris Yeltsin made the decision to tear the house down due to the need for Karla Liebknechta Street’s reconstruction. In 1990, an orthodox cross was placed on top of the waste lot that formed. An active discussion went on among the city’s public at that time as to what should occupy that space: a church, a memorial complex, a museum… It took all the way until the year 2000 before words finally turned into actions. That’s when the construction of a church began whose full name is Church-on-the-Blood in Honour of All Saints Shone Forth in the Land of Russia. Its ceremonial blessing took place on the day before an anniversary of the tragic events on July 16, 2003. Based on the concept of the church’s creators, architects Morozov, Grachov, and Mazayev, it is supposed to symbolize continuity and revival of the orthodox tradition. In front of the entrance into the lower church, a sculpture composition was installed called The Royal Martyrs Several Minutes Before the Shooting, created by Konstantin Gryunberg.