The office and production facilities complex maintained in classical style was constructed in the 1850’s and included an assay chamber, offices, as well as a residential building for the head of the laboratory. Architect Tursky took part in the buildings’ design. Ore was chemically concentrated in the Ural Chemical Laboratory building. It was there that gold was accumulated from almost all Ural mines. After experiments were conducted determining the purity of the precious metal, a brand was placed on it along with an indication of the weight, and the gold slabs were sent to the Saint Petersburg Mint. Furthermore, an ambitious project stemmed from the same gold melting lab that was contemplated between high up officials’ offices, entailing the manufacture of gold and silver coins in the Ekaterinburg Mint out of Ural and Siberian gold. The laboratories were designated to play one of the central roles for this purpose; however, the idea never did come to fruition.