During the 1930s, the trade unions competed with each other, spending significant funds on planning and erecting club “residences”. All of them were outdone by the professional builders union. In 1933, the architect Yakov Kornfeld erected one of the most comfortable and convenient buildings – the Builders House. The spacious design approved for it was a structure consisting of three sections. The club section (district activity facilities) was situated along Lenin Street and its entrance featured a stain-glass window which was lost during the last reconstruction. The auditorium section had a capacity of 800 seats and faced Lunacharskogo Street. In the middle of the lot, perpendicular to the club, was a sports division adjacent to a sports field with all the necessary equipment. During World War II years, Ural took in evacuees, including a number of film studies, leading to a production union as a result of the outpour. When in 1943 they sought a building to house the newly formed Sverdlovsk Film Studio, the selection was made for its location in the Builders Club. Filmed in its spacious halls was the first Sverdlovsk fiction film – “Silva” musical comedy. In the 1990s, the Sverdlovsk Film Studio underwent some rather tough times and management decided to rent its oldest Builders Club building to commercial companies. Meanwhile, the studio itself relocated to more modern pavilions.